The Oregon Laborers Training Trust is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant to the Training Director.
We seek an energetic, member-centered applicant who wants to help the program cultivate a diverse and inclusive community, to help promote current and future training opportunities while supporting the highest standards in the Construction Industry.
The Administrative Assistant will help facilitate stakeholder relations, outreach and recruitment to pre-apprenticeship programs, schools, colleges and other public and private agencies, community organizations and partners.
The Administrative Assistant will assist the Training Director in executing logistics related to program planning and operations, database management, provide support with marketing, internal and external communications, program and office administration.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform a wide variety of complex, responsible, and confidential administrative and general duties.
- Coordinate and implement assigned program activities; prepare status reports and documents related to program activities.
- Assist in coordinating, preparing, and producing staff reports.
- May assist in developing department policies and procedures in order to meet department objectives.
Technical skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in G Suite: Google Calendar, Docs, Drive, Forms, Gmail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365: Excel, Power Point, Word
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows
- Web Browsers, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer
- Possess problem-solving, planning, organizing, and presentation skills. Work effectively to meet demanding schedules and multiple timelines.
- Think critically and independently.
Work confidentially with discretion.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Use sound judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Interpret and apply program rules and policies.
Assist & maintain official and complex records and files.
Maintain regular attendance and adhere to prescribed work schedule to conduct job responsibilities.
Relate effectively with people of varied academic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds using tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other department employees’, members, students, partner agencies, and the public.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- On a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time or stand for long periods.
- Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine Manipulation; use telephone; write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
- Able to work in outside work environments on occasion.
- Lift or carry weight of 10-40 pounds at certain times.
- May be performing limited physical labor such as setting up booths, canopy’s, screens, moving materials, boxes and carrying tools or small equipment.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent, College level courses, degree or certificate, trade or technical school credentials.
- At least 5 years of Office administrative experience, preferably in a construction, training or apprenticeship program environment, experience as an Operations Manager, Office Manager or Administrative Assistant with high level responsibilities or comparable experience.
Full time, salaried position, Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, occasional evening and weekend hours. Travel is required as needed throughout the State of Oregon and periodically out of state travel may be required to attend seminars, conferences, training or other work-related events.
Work Location: Oregon Laborers’ Training Center, Portland, Oregon
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Employer-medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents. Pension plans, vacation, sick days.
Submit Resume and cover letter to Training Director Aida Aranda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit is February 28, 2020
Position is Union
“We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.